Trails End Saloon occupies the
historic structure built circa 1880-1885 as Freytags Grocery.
Today's parking lot was a residence for the original occupant.
An old tunnel still exists
below which was used to transport freight brought up and down river
by sternwheelers. An underground entrance led from this building,
under the parking lot and down to the nearby Willamette River. Local
folklore describes "other" uses for the tunnels in the old days,
best left to the imagination.
The current building still
offers nostalgic charm such as a dimly lit dark wood bar, ceiling
fans run by conveyer system, original wagon wheels and other